Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2015

OLW - July

I got really excited when I found out about this months prompt. It had to do with music.
i love music. I'm a dancer, so I figured yeah I got this one in the bag.

Well - SO - we are to find songs that we love that somehow relate to our word.

My word is courage.

If you know me. Well, I choreograph to sad heart wrenching songs. they speak to me. I don't really like happy songs. And so to try and find a song about courage or even relate to it. um, yeah not going to happen. I have been researching for the whole month so far..... everything I put into google to read the lyrics, thinking, oh yeah I love this song, This is going to be great.

Is about some heart broken person, of not being able to hang out. And yes I have changed artist. I mean its crazy.

one student this year asked me, Jen why is all your music so sad. And I had to think to myself, its not sad at all. Yeah, well until I started to really listen to the songs. Yes they actually all are. even the more upbeat ones. They are sad heart breaking songs.

So, in doing this prompt. Which I now am hating. only because my word is COURAGE. COURAGE of all things. And well, I have found a few songs, that say give me some kind of courage to get over the heart break. but not really.

On thing that was suggested was to login in to Spotify, which I have and love that music streaming file. I enter the word courage, and do you know what pops up for music.

ALL LYRICLESS SONGS! the first 10 have no lyrics at all. And I thinking. Is this a sign. I mean really is it? because now I'm thinking I chose the wrong word. But really its the right word for me.

I don't think I've done enough with my word this year. at all. I have been actually filled with Fear. BUT alot of things are changing. My life is forcing me to change really.

I don't really like it. because I don't like change. but then again, I do. I'm so weird.

But So, I got a few songs. The lyrics aren't that encouraging. But she did say to dissect the music that you have been listening to over and over again. so I used those.

See below:

Swimming - Florence and the Machine
I tired to remember the chorus
I can't remember the verse
cause that song that sent me swimming
is now the life jacket that burst

Living for Love - Madonna
Took me to heave and let me fall down
now that its over I'm gonna carry on
lifted me up and watched me stumble 
After the heartache I'm gonna carry on

Silent all these years - Tori Amos
WEll I love the way we communicate
your eyes focus on my funny lip shape
lets hear what you think of me now
but baby don't look up
the sky is falling

Letters from the sky - Civil Twilight
one of these days the sky' gonna break
and everything will escape and I'll know
once of these days the mountains
are gonna fall in the sea and they'll know

Believe - Mumford & Sons
You may call it in this evening
but you've only lost the night
preset all your pretty feelings
may they comfort you tonight
and i'm climbing over something
and I'm running through these walls

Silver and gold - Joanna Erdos
So I must find another way
to get through the month. the week. or the day
yes I will find the power
to live in the moment
at least in the hour
or the power will find me oh ee.

Oats in the water- Ben Howard
Go your way,
I'll take the long way round,
I'll dins my own way down
as I should

Higher love - Steve Winwood
Worlds are turning and we're just hanging on
facing our fear and standing out there alone
a yearning and its real to me

End of All days - 30 seconds to mars
The desert is calling
the emptiness of space
the hunger of a lion
is written on your face
a manic's new love song
destruction is his game
i need a new direction
cause I have lost my way

Anticipate - Ani DiFranco
Cause someone you don't know
is someone you don't know
get a firm girp girl
before you let go
for every hand extended 
another lies in wait
keep your eye on that one
anticipate



Well - This last one- Is really the only one that is really positive. So for now these are them. BUT I'm going to continue to really keep looking. lol

I know my creative process and what i connect too, I can't really change. It is just what it is. One of my favorite songs last year. Black Flies by Ben Howard. I still love that song. But really? there is nothing that talk about courage there. Unless I'm not really seeing, or going into depth enough. I don't know. What do you think?




Black Flies"

Black flies on the windowsill
That we are
That we are
That we are to know
Winter stole summer's thrill
And the river's cracked and cold

See the sky is no man's land
A darkened plume to stay
Hope here needs a humble hand
Not a fox found in your place

And no man is an island, oh this I know
But can't you see, oh?
Maybe you were the ocean, when I was just a stone

Black flies on the windowsill
That we are
That we are
That we are to hold
Comfort came against my will
And every story must grow old

Still I'll be a traveler
A gypsy's reins to face
But the road is wearier
With that fool found in your place

And no man is an island, oh this I know
But can't you see, oh?
Maybe you were the ocean, when I was just a stone
[x2]

So here we are...

And I don't wanna beg your pardon
And I don't wanna ask you why
But if I was to go my own way
Would I have to pass you by?

No comments: