Pages

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Kai - my first dog

This is Kai. Malakai Doogan.  We have had him for almost a year in July.

He is my first dog. The best dog. the one you want to stay with you forever.

He is so funny, he loves veggies. He eats two pieces of sweet potatoes every morning for his breakfast.

He comes running when you are chopping zucchinis. He loves zucchinis. I don't understand why he does but he does.

He love me. I've never had a dog really love me. He checks on me, does Gongyo, with me every morning. He greets me when I get home. And yes I even let him give me slobbery kisses. I don't like dog kisses I'm a kitty kissing person. Love those rough tongues. But for him, I let Kai show me love.

When we got him from the Human society, well first Anetra fell right in love with him, and because she loved him, I knew this would be my first adventure as a new dog owner. Yes I was a little disappointed that we didn't get him as a puppy. But after the 2nd night with him, it was like he was always ours and he was always there.

He has site issues. He was born with it. depth perception is not his thing. He runs into everything and trips up and down stairs, but this dog loves life.

He has so many goofy faces. we die laughing at him all the time. He is the best.

He has hip displacia. in both hips. the advise we got from two different vets, we got three options, was to put him down as soon as possible. (WTF)

How could you put an animal down that loves life so much, Even when he is in pain. How can you do that? What because we are supposed to be the responsible ones to have them not live in pain.

He came to us for a reason, I believe anyone would have gave him back or put him down right away because of his site, and then to find out he needs a $12,000.00 surgery to walk. well people think he is just a dog. Just let go. but when you think you aren't going to have kids, and your four legged animals are your kids, What would you do?

He is getting worse. He doesn't eat much, we have him in swimming lessons to gain muscle to help with his hips. He enjoys outside the most. He sleeps a lot. He adjusts when he sits a a lot.

Think about things, not knowing what to do. He is still full of life. I think we should get wheelies for him. I think that he could do it. I think he would be happy.

But i honestly don't know what i'm talking about. I just don't understand how you can put a life down, when they are inlove with life.

PLUS he has a new friend. MOX. they love each other. Mox loves Kai. they everything together. except for peeing. lol. When Kai goes outside Mox wants to go outside.


Mox is going to miss him. they always look for each other. we always tell kai, go find your kitty. And he does.

I just can't think about it right now. I know by being with us, he has a chance to live his life.

So i'm going to do my best to give him the best life.

I want to get him wheels. :)

I love you Kai Kai



No comments: