Pages

Monday, February 9, 2015

Costumes

so, one of our seamstress botched 3 groups of costumes. 

3!!!! one of the groups is a small group of 7 girls. 

now the choreographer like a costume I made two years ago, but since I was in a car accident in July she wrote me off as to not ask me if make them. how could I when life was very very hard to get through. 

turns out, I am making them anyways. but this time around, I don't like it. i don't like the fabric, I can't find the right color and I want to honor the choreographers vision.

this is very important to me. since I am a choreographer myself. These things matter. 

BUT - we are on stage in two weeks. TWO!!!!

1 - I ran out of fabric so there is not enough for the skirts. I had bought it all. And i'm not super excited about it. 

2- I ran out of the other fabric for the under skirt. Which I'm not to happy about anyways. 

AND IT WASN'T THE ORIGINAL IDEA OF THE CHOREOGRAPHER. 

so right now, i'm screwed. do you know how hard it is to find matching fabric that you can dance in and is magenta. 

do you know how many magenta fabrics there are out there, and the fact that no two are alike. and its not like you can just grab two and think that they will match. Because one is two red one is two purple to pink. it goes on. 

I even ordered swatches from NYC, and I can't find anything to match here in portland. SERIOUSLY???

well - I'm not a professional so maybe i'm looking in all the wrong spots. I gorilla sew, so i don't use patterns and i'm ok with that. 

but now my awesome idea I did years ago, I hate it! I hate it. and i don't want to do it. but if I don't complete this task 7 girls will go with out costumes. 

so off to the fabric store again today. to see what I can do.  maybe they got more in, maybe i can change the idea once again. But really I have two jobs, and don't get home until 9-10 pm every night. 
WHEN am I going to accomplish this. 

Well as you may know. I am a procrastinator. and I do my best work when under way to much pressure. but really? this makes me feel like the universe is against me. When really its the Buddha telling me to keep going. keep pushing through this obstacle. 

So i will keep you posted. but this just sucks. 

No comments: