Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Humanity

Yesterday a poor soul decided to jump from the I-5 Bridge into the lake. 

Now - my first thought was to chant nam myo ho renge kyo. Yes I am a Buddhist. Obviously this person, thought there was no other way then to take him own life. 

And now I just researched it, he was planning and threatening to Jump but never did. The point here is that he stopped traffic, that is TERRIBLE to begin with. He stopped traffic in both directions for almost 4 hours on a Tuesday night. where it takes me an hour to get home anyways. 

the sad part is, someone I know posted about this on facebook, saying how lucky she was to get over the bridge and then they stopped traffic right behind her and then she said "go suck it I-5 jumper". 

this made me so sad. 1 - you don't know what was actually going on, 2 - this person was on the verge of taking their life

3- Where did humanity and kindness go in this country?

Believe me. I dont have it easy. I work two jobs to barly make it. But I do have a supporting family. I bought a house, I have a car, we have running water and water to drink. Mind you a britta to filter the water through. Three awesome animals. We can eat what we want and work out and buy things when we need it. 

But I'm tired. I'm tired of working all day long getting home at 10pm having to go to bed and then get up again. I don't get to do what I want with my free time because honestly I don't have free time anymore. There is no suck thing as free time with me. Hence why I choose not to have friends because I don't honestly have 30 mins to my self, and when I do I'm sitting on the couch resting my brain and or doing house work or running errands. 

So to hear this, yes If I was stuck in that traffic especially on a Tuesday. Tuesdays are days I don't teach dance and I get to go home early. I would have been pissed, but finding out what happened, I would have changed the way I reacted. I feel sorry for that poor person who needs help or a friend. 

It's just sad to read things like that on the internet. To read other posts, "just let him jump there are boats that can get him". 

It breaks my heart. caring for others doesn't come about anymore.

No comments: